1 position to be filled
Mino Obigiwasin is an Anicinape organization that was established to provide child and family services to its population following an agreement signed with the CISSSAT on the management of youth protection for the 4 Anicinape communities of Kitcisakik, Lac Simon, Pikogan (Abitibiwinni) and Long Point (Winneway). Mino Obigiwasin's vision is to ensure that all children and families have a stable, safe, happy environment rooted in the Anicinape culture.
The Accounting Clerk, under the responsibility of the Financial Director, is responsible for the production of employee payroll and expense accounts as well as the processing and payment of suppliers. He/she is responsible for data entry (invoices and others) for the proper bookkeeping and accounting of the organization. Analyzes and resolves discrepancies between supplier invoices and purchase orders. He/she performs general office work, records financial transactions, and compiles data relevant to the company. The work is performed in accordance with Miño-Obigiwasin's procedures and policies and as a team effort.
ROLE & RESPONSABILITIES
- Receive, compile and enter timesheets and expense accounts into the accounting system to produce the bi-weekly payroll and have it approved by the Financial Director prior to transmission to the bank;
- Send pay stubs to employees and update the employee's accumulated hours summary with each pay;
- Make system entries and remittances for DAS, group insurance, RBA, FTQ, alimony, etc. each pay period;
- Produce the employment records (departure, leave and other) and put the inactive employees in the system, if necessary;
- Balance group insurance invoices with employee premiums each month;
- Produce statements of group insurance premiums for employees on leave and send them by e-mail each month;
- Manage Visa credit cards;
- Participate in month/year ends;
- Produce T4's and Relevé 1's and CNESST wage declaration annually;
- Compile invoices with purchase orders according to monthly statements;
- Reconcile statements of account;
- Help and assist the accounting team in all areas to act as a replacement resource (payrolls, suppliers, foster care payments, etc.);
- Any other task requested by the team.
- Have a College degree in accounting or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the field;
- Knowledge of the Aboriginal community (an asset);
- Excellent fluency in French and English;
- Be comfortable with computer systems including Avantage accounting software;
- Excellent skills in the Office 365 environment and its tools, especially Excel;
- Work in a team and collaborate with several departments of the organization;
- Multi-tasking and thoroughness;
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of information at all times and be discreet;
- Strong capacity of organization and adaptation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- 1-year replacement with possibility of continuation
- 35 hours per week;
- Full range of benefits including group insurance with employer contribution after 3 months and pension fund (RBA) after 6 months with employer contribution at 182%;
- Flexible schedule and 10 sick leaves and 5 wellness leaves per year;
- Dynamic and creative team.
Starting date: Start date: immediately.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Ressources humaines / Human Resources
Bureau administratif/Administrative office
600, avenue Centrale
Val-d'Or (Quebec) J9P 1P8
Tel : (819) 975-5535 x 1036
Priority is given to the First Nations and Inuit of Quebec. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.